So yesterday (TNT) Amy and I went running in Madison - the weather was so nice compared to the rest of the week - around 30-35 degrees!! It was nice and sunny, and great to be outside! We ran 7 miles in 70 minutes, and we were getting tired, but technically we are still in recovery mode from the marathon.
I donated blood on Wednesday, and then stayed up until 4 am helping with the Rock County Homeless Count that occurs twice a year - was feeling pretty dehydrated from that, so went home and drank lots of water and slept until 10. :) Went to work at 11 that day, which was nice that work let me do that.
Sad to say, but Rock County had 21 homeless that were not sheltered on Wednesday night. I don't know how many were in shelters, etc., but 21 people were sleeping in tents, in their cars, etc. in 10 degree weather. So sad. I can't image it. My group of four didn't find anyone (we went to Evansville and Clinton - not places that I would imagine homeless people being, but you never know - I wouldn't have guessed that there were homeless people on the I-90 corridor) - and in a way I'm glad. We had care packages that we were to give them, and we were to count them - this helps in grant writing to get more funding to provide more services for the homeless.
Anyway, this week has been interesting. I am so thankful to have a home, a job, my health, and my friends and family and their health! I am so fortunate.
Have a great week everyone!
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
Katie, glad you'll keep on blogging now that the Marathon is finished... there are more marathons to come, after all! :) I gave blood today, too - a great way to donate a little after races. Unlike you, I don't have any 15-mile runs planned, though!
ReplyDelete