Thursday, February 19, 2009

Relief!

Ahhhh, I think I'll sleep great tonight!

I found out today that I passed the final section of the LARE, which means that once the official paperwork is completed, that I will be a Landscape Architect! Let me tell you, that was the biggest relief - I have spent a lot of money to retake this section of the test (work kindly reimburses me for when I pass, but not when I fail - which is a good policy, but stressful when the tests are $314 each!). So, sorry for this bragging moment, but I'm just so relieved!

I was worried about the test because I had bad karma going on earlier this week - Tuesday night someone hit my car parked on the side of the street and left (most likely a drunk driver - 10:30 p.m.?, or someone without insurance - I'm strangely hoping for the first so that they'll pay for the damages!). Luckily his/her car got it way worse than mine - but since my car is older, we don't have collision insurance on it, so it isn't covered. I'm really hoping that the police find out who did it (and that the person has insurance)! All I know is that the car is a Saturn that is blue/green and is missing it's right side mirror and parts of the door - and that I now have a dent in at the rear above the taillight and scratches on the side of the car. I'm really glad I have an old car and that this doesn't really bother me - it's just a funny story.

Anyway, got a weekend run of 9-11 miles planned, and am hoping to run it with TNT Amy. It's been so cold lately - is it spring yet?! - will still be hard to convince myself that 15-20 degree weather really isn't that bad...

Hope this week is going good for you all - it's almost here!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the test, now I know who to send pictures when this spring when the yard work starts. :) Seems the we have nice days around here on Thu/Fri and the cold moves in for the weekend. 12 - 16 miles planned here with my TNT team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Katie! I knew you could do it!!

    ReplyDelete