Sunday, March 1, 2009

Short run!

So last weekend I ran 9.5 miles on the treadmill (a new record on the treadmill!). It snowed a bunch last weekend, which was tough to take after a glimpse of warmer weather!! Then this past week has been pretty darn chilly!

I put off my "long" run until today, which wasn't the smartest because it ended up being 15 degrees outside when I ran! The Y didn't open until 11, and I wanted to get it done right away in the morning before heading to my parent's house. So, off I went all bundled up. The wind was pretty nasty too! I hadn't mapped the run out, and I was supposed to go 6-8 miles, and I unfortunately think I only went 5 to 5.5 - and I knew it at the end but I wasn't too excited about running another mile in the cold! Oh well, next weekend my sister Amy and I are planning to run a 10-12 mile run together! I'm excited to run with someone again! Although I'm gonna slow her down!

So quick exciting news is that I got a new car! I got a new Toyota Corolla! It's fun to drive - I ended up driving it around Saturday night and today to "break it in." Haha. I feel pretty spoiled right now.

Anyway, hope you all are doing well!
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new wheels. It's always fun to have some new ones. Nice run times too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that IS freakin' cold. Wishing you warmer times ahead :-).

    And congrats on the new ride!! Nothing better than new car smell!

    ReplyDelete