Haha. Yes, that's right. The weather was absolutely terrible this weekend - rain/snow - and I couldn't stand the thought of running in it! So, yesterday I did 10 miles on the treadmill. Yes, that's right, 10 miles. The TV in front of me was static for the majority of the time, and when it wasn't, it was set to a bowling competition. haha. I seem to get into this mindless trance on the treadmill where even that doesn't seem to bother me!
One more month of the gym, and then it's all outside, all the time. :)
Steph got sick on Friday with some sort of virus - which got the whole family nervous. But, they went to the hospital and checked her blood, etc. (she had a fever), and her counts were normal. Thank god. We were talking last night about how strange it is - she's coming up on the one-year mark from transplant day (March 19), and we don't know how to react when she gets sick. In the back of our minds we ask "is this normal? Should this be happening?" - it's just this weird transition to being "normal" again. Not sure we'll ever really get back to that.
It makes me think of an earlier thought I had. One of Andy's students had symptoms that seemed similar to Steph's when she was diagnosed with Leukemia - no appetite, pale, no energy. She went to the doctor and some of her bloodwork was funny, so they were going in for more tests the next day. I instantly thought of bad stuff that it could be. I hoped that the parents and the girl weren't worried.
Next day, turns out the girl had strep throat. I was so relieved.
I said to Andy, someday, when we do have kids, I'm afraid I'll be a basket-case! Before Steph was diagnosed with Bone Cancer, I would never have thought something like that could happen to someone so close to me. When she was limping and dealing with the pain before the diagnosis, it never even crossed my mind - it was just that she had a torn something.
Anyway, just some random thoughts for the day. :)
Hope you all have a great week!
Katie
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
Congrats on the ever evolving treadmill world record. Next time we will read about 11, 12, 35 miles. Glad health wise everyone is basically ok.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I COMPLETELY forgot Grey's was on until I read your comment! I missed The Office too -- I dunno why, but I kept thinking it was Friday LOL. Ohwell, hope it was good!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you did 10 miles on the treadmill!
Groan, that's long way on the Treadmill... even after a winter in the snow, I ran inside this week, too, though only 4 miles. I think I was the only one there with the little TV in front of me just blank - I'd rather look around, or watch the swimmers in the pool.
ReplyDeleteWe'll all have to tune in to NBC.com tonight to watch our favorite shows online!