I can't believe it's almost here!! One week to go!! It's been a long time coming, and I sure hope I'm ready!
Our flight leaves for Phoenix on Friday morning at 7 am - which means a very early start in the morning. But, it is a direct flight, and we'll "gain" an hour, so we'll have time on Friday and Saturday to do what we want - I can't wait!
I started packing tonight, and made a stupid mistake - I took my travel wristband, and attached it to my new water belt, and it is one of those wristbands that doesn't allow for disconnecting and reconnecting! I also didn't realize it was for the travel - so crap!! Hopefully this gets figured out before I leave!
We had our Team in Training Send-off Party on Wednesday, which was a bunch of fun. I didn't realize they gave out prizes for the top fundraiser, but I was super honored to find out that I was the top fundraiser for the Madison Chapter! That meant that I won a bike rack that can attach to my car! I'm so excited to use it - it's perfect because I am still planning to bike the SS 150 this year - and I can use it then! Thank you to all my supporters for making this happen!
As far as training goes, I ran 8.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday after Janesville got about 10-11 inches of snow from Friday to Saturday morning. Uggh!! It actually wasn't too bad, and it was a good thing, because I realized that my camelbac is more of a winter-season training accessory than a warm-season accessory - I trained in my lovely spandex shorts (oh my goodness - do I really have to wear these? No one wants to see that!!) and jersey, and got chafing on my back from it. So, I realized that I need a different water belt type thing, so today I got it and I think it'll work great.
I started packing tonight and trying to think of everything I'll need. I got a disposable camera for the actual run, so hopefully that works out. So, if anyone out there has any good tips, please pass them along!
Thanks for all of your support, and I'll be thinking of you all out on the course!
Katie
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
EXCITING!! Can't wait to hear all about the race -- you're going to do awesome!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on being top fundraiser -- that's a HUGE accomplishment!!