Hello All! Happy New Year!
I can't believe it is now officially 2009! That means that we are just 17 days away from the BIG day! Holy cow! I'm so excited! And I'm such a nerd, because I recently read about how some people can get the "post run blues," and I'm trying to think of ways to prevent that. So, (since I'm on vacation this week!) I made up a new training schedule for the new year! One of my new year's resolutions is to run another marathon and some half marathons. And, my sister Amy is considering joining Team in Training and running the Seattle Rock 'N Roll Marathon in June, so right now the plan is to run with her! But, I have to put the disclaimer out there that this plan depends on how this first marathon goes! :) Hopefully good!! At least I have a plan now, and it's easier to stick to a schedule once it's written out for me.
My other New Year's resolution is to hold a donor drive in Janesville for the Bone Marrow Donor Registry. So, if anyone is interested in participating, please let me know and I'll let you know when and where it'll be (when it's planned out!).
So, I hope this year is a great one for all of you!
Thanks again for all of your support!
Katie
p.s. On a sad note, we found out this week that my wonderful little Harry-bear kitty (who is 4.5 years old and has had Feline Leukemia since she was a kitten) has a tumor above her heart and won't be with us much longer. She is on steriods (ironically, the same type that Steph is on - Predisone) and antibiotics (since her immune system is weakened from the Feline Leukemia) - and she seems a little peppier after getting the steriod pills. My poor little baby - I'm so sad about this.
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
I am so sorry to hear about your cat Katie. That would be devastating for me as well. I am thinking about you....
ReplyDeleteHey Katie! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's great hearing from other Team members and reading about their races. Good luck in Arizona!
ReplyDeleteOh, and SO sorry to hear about Harry-bear :-(
Couple more days!!!!!!!!!! I want to be there with you SO BAD!!!!! When you cross that finish line you will feel one of the biggest accomplishmemnts of your life! You did it on your own; spirit, mind and body! You will realize that anything can be accomplished just by putting one foot in front of the other - even if they are just baby steps - you CAN keep on going! Love, Mom-In-Law!
ReplyDelete