Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keepin' Tabs

I'm thinking of the "Jaws" song right now.....It's almost here! AAHHH!!!

I'm sooo excited, but pretty darn nervous! There is so much build-up to this one event! I am not going to jynx myself by saying that I've stayed "sick-free" the past two weeks, cuz that would be bad karma. Let's just say that I'm healthy and will stay that way, at least until Sunday afternoon!

I thought in case anyone was interested, there will be "live results" for the marathon - which means that you can track my progress on the marathon course - right from your computer!

"Each participant’s time will be recorded at the 10k, half marathon, 20-mile mark and Finish for the marathon, and the 5k, 10k, 10-mile mark and Finish for the half marathon. Times are available 60 seconds after you cross each split. To view race day Live Results, visit www.rnraz.com and click the Live Results button on the homepage."

This will probably be my last blog before the event - depends on if I have access to a computer at the hotel and have time to blog. I CAN'T WAIT to get out of this FRIGID WISCONSIN WEATHER!!! Tomorrow it is projected to in the negatives for a high! That is just plain crazy. Thank goodness for treadmills in gyms, I don't know how I could manage training without it!!

So, Pheonix, here I come! I will be the ultra-pale girl in unflattering spandex trying to run! I have a feeling I'm gonna just get totally fried in the sun - sunscreen only lasts so long, especially when you're sweating for 5 hours. I'll take it though - feeling the sun on my skin will feel great! I can't wait to run without layers and layers of clothing and in absolutely perfect weather! Yippee!

I will have a future post about how TEAM IN TRAINING has been absolutely fantastic - one of the best things that has happened to me! A big thank you goes out to the Coach Art, Mentors Dano, Pam and Ryan, and the entire team - you're all awesome!

And of course a huge thank you to all of my supporters! For this event, you have helped me raise $5,746 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! When I add in the fundraising from the SS150 last summer, you have helped me raise a total of $7,331 - that will help to fund additional research and patient support and services - this is just awesome! I am blown away by your generosity - thank you all so much!

I can't wait to share all of the fun details about the event with you all! Thank you again!
Katie

3 comments:

  1. Katie-
    Words can't express how proud I am of you. Not only are you doing what most people would consider pure torture (myself included) but you are doing this for a great cause. What you have been through, what your family has been through and what Steph has been through- is unimaginable.

    Some people would mope or complain about the lot they have been dealt in life- you are making real, positive change. It is truly special and inspiring.

    I will be thinking of you during your run. You deserve the sun on your face and the satisfaction of a job well done. No matter what time you come in- I congratulate you for all your hard work, dedication and generous soul.

    You are an example for all of us Katie.
    Good luck and have a great run.
    Love,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCITING!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your race -- I know you'll do awesome! It's such an amazing thing to think that one person has helped to raise $7k to help fund research. (Of course, a special thanks to your donors, too!) Like you, I think the TNT experience has been amazing, and I cannot wait for my next event!

    Thanks for the advice on cold weather gear! I have a pull-over windbreaker, but it was really cheap and not designed for running at all. Since my water bottles froze in my car last night, perhaps I ought to search for a better jacket :-). I either seem to over dress or under dress -- still trying to judge the weather just right.

    Rest up, and best of luck this weekend!!! Whooo hooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you will see this before the race, but make sure you ROCK IT! You are going to have a great time, and I predict you'll have a great race. Remember what you've learned, remember your training, remember why you're running! Kick some asphalt!

    ReplyDelete