Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oshkosh 1/2 Marathon

Hi All,

To demonstrate how impulsive I can be, I decided last Wednesday to run the Oshkosh 1/2 Marathon on Saturday. I'd been thinking about it, along with the Madison and Green Bay 1/2 Marathons, and decided that I was sick of running by myself on the long runs and signed up!

The race was awesome - very well organized, nice & flat route, around 2,000 people participating, and perfect weather. I mean, just beautiful! I think it started around 55 degrees, and got up to 70! Funny how that works out - because it was raining on my way home later that day. And now it's like 40 degrees and rainy and crappy.

Anyway, my goal was to get 2:10, and ironically I finished in 2:10:28. Works for me. :) Amy & Ben also ran it - they both did awesome! I was totally amazed with Amy - she's been dealing with bum knees for probably a couple months now, and she was bummed out about possibly walking it. Well, she ran the whole thing except thru the water stops, and Ben and I were just amazed to see her finishing so quickly! Hopefully that didn't do damage to the knee though!

Anyway, I'm really glad I signed up and did it - I'd recommend this race to anyone in the area - you even get really nice dry-fit shirts that are super soft! Although I guess the weather is definitely not a guarantee - last year I heard it was snowing!

Anyway, hope all is well with you out there!
Katie

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the race time. i am also hoping for a 2:10 at the indy half marathon on 5/2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you are bookin' it! Isn't it great, especially once you get into distance running as a habit/hobby, the half-marathon is such a great distance ??

    ReplyDelete