Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all doing well. It is a beautiful spring day here - it was 75 degrees at lunch, sunny skies, just perfect!
Amy, Ben and I decided last minute again to run the Syttende Mai 20-mile run last Saturday. It was really reasonable - even though I registered on Thursday, it was only $30. Pretty reasonable for a beautiful course, water and gatoraide stops and a bright orange t-shirt! :)
The wind was really strong that day, but luckily it was at our backs for the majority of the run. Thank goodness! The course is known for being really hilly, so I was mentally prepared - but honestly it wasn't as bad as I had expected! I was prepared for the hills by my parent's house, which are SUPER steep and long, but these were more of a rolling hill fashion - not too bad. Although I have to say, there were quite a few of them!
It was a good training run - overcast at the start and sunny skies by the end. I got a little sunburned on the nose and forehead - I didn't wear a hat because I thought it was going to be overcast the whole time. Oh well!
Anyway, I was able to run with Amy for the first 10 miles. She did awesome again! Ben did too - he ran much of the way with his cousin Mike. Was fun seeing everyone!
My final time: 3 hours, 22 minutes and 37 seconds. 10:08 mile pace.
And a congrats out there to Amy M., who soon won't be an Amy M. because she's engaged!! So happy for you Amy!!!! (he proposed AT mile 20 of her marathon!)
Have a great week everyone!
Katie
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment