Hi Everyone!
I'm still alive, I've just been entirely engrossed in the "Twilight" book series. Oh my goodness, I can't believe that I'm reading stories about vampires, but they are soooo good. I just finished the fourth book tonight, so now I can return to reality and get some sh** done at home. Yes, I've put off many things to just read read read. :)
As far as training goes, I was struggling a bit a couple weeks ago because I was getting over my nasty cold, and I donated blood. The last time I donated blood during training, it didn't effect me too bad - I was just tired. But, I only ran a 6-mile the following day. This time around, I donated on a Tuesday, and I was just tired all week and ran 13 on Saturday morning. Well, that run was the absolute worst of my life - hills were just killing me and I'd have to walk up them, it just took forever.
Thank goodness last weekend's run I finally felt normal again. That terrible run was really messing with my head.
So, I've learned my lesson - when I'm training for a marathon, I just have to wait until after the marathon to donate blood. I feel guilty though - putting my own "non-priority-life-goal" in front of a life-saving donation. Anyone else struggle with this? I guess if I run one marathon a year, then it only impacts about 1 potential blood donation out of 4 or 5 a year.... Uggh. I don't like rationalizing this.
Other than training, life has been pretty normal here. It's warming up (despite a slight flurry last night), and the grass is starting to green up. My daylilies and tulips are already about 3-4" high, and I cleaned up the planting beds last weekend. I still have 4 compost bins, and hope to have that reduced to 2 by summer. haha. Andy sure puts up with a lot.
Anyway, I hope you all are doing well! Happy belated Easter!
Katie
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
I overindulged in the Twilight series as well. It is like being a teen girl all over again, sigh.
ReplyDeleteI would totally go for Jacob btw...
Keep up the great blog and don't hurt yourself running! Remember- it should also be fun.
-Gretchen