Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all doing well! I had a good running weekend, which was definitely what I needed after a really crappy running weekend last weekend. It's funny how all this runnin' is such a mental game. I really haven't figured out what the deal was with last weekend's run, but I do know that it was messing with my head again this week. I needed a good run!
On Monday my run was poopy, Wednesday I got home from work and decided, no, I don't want to run, so I took my pup George on a 3-4 mile walk (at least I got the miles in, right?), and then Friday I cut it short! Uggh! What a slacker!!
Friday night I read Runner's World and got inspired again to run. So, I slept in and woke up rested and ready for a run. I mentally told myself, "I don't care how slow you go, it just has to feel good the entire run, so buck up and run this." On the agenda: 11.7 miles. It's one of my regular routes that I enjoy because it goes along a nice bike path and into the country for a bit before getting into the city again.
Anyway, it's funny how my mind works, because I felt like I was going slower, but at a comfortable pace. I got caught in the pouring rain the last three miles (that wasn't too fun), but it sped me up at the end - and when I finish, it's the same pace I've been running for a while. All mental. :)
And then I ran into a guy I work yesterday with who was saying I should run the 5 or 10K today (Sunday). It was hard to say no when I heard it was to benefit the American Cancer Society. So, I braved the weather again (there was thunder, lighting and not so friendly skies above, but it just sprinkled for a bit), and ran it...and PR'ed! Yippee! We weren't chipped or anything, but I had my watch, and the guy with the clock when I was finishing I think said 26:17 - which matches up with my watch pretty close. In any case, it's a PR, and I'm so excited! My friend Emily kicked butt and ran it in 22 minutes - insane!! But it was a nice run, small (around 300 people), but fun!
So, as long as I can stay injury free and healthy for 3 more weeks, I am good to go! I can't believe Seattle is almost here!!
Have a great week everyone!
Katie
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
Great job on your PR!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to Seattle. It should be a ton of fun.