Ahhh, what a busy weekend! It's nice to sit back and relax in my chair tonight. :) I got in I think about 14 miles on Saturday, and then cleaned the house, did laundry, bought a bunch of food for the Welty Center Rendezvous (which I was coordinating the food for!), and cooked a bunch of brownies. Then this morning I got up and cut up the rest of the brownies for the Rendezvous, bagged them, and did final preparations for getting all of the items there! Thank goodness I had Andy to help me!!! Thanks again Andy! Then standing all day selling food, my feetsies are tired! But it feels so good to be done! I was worried we wouldn't sell all the food - but we sold out of the meat - just one container of potato salad left, and the brownies and one 12-pack of soda. Not bad!
Now I'm ready to visit Connecticuit! Andy and I'll be off this Thursday - driving out there to go to my cousin's wedding, driving back, one day at work, and then I fly to Seattle the following Thursday.
So you know what that means? 3 days of work this week, and then vacation! Yippee!
And I found out great news from my Cousin, Mandy! She recently joined TEAM IN TRAINING, and is training for the Peak Performance Marathon on October 4!! I am so excited for her to join TNT - it was such a great experience for me, and I hope it is for her as well! If you want to read more about it, please visit: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/maine09/adeveno. Good luck Mandy!
My sis Amy also found out that, thank goodness, she DOESN'T have a stress fracture! Man, wouldn't that have been lovely, two weeks before Seattle. She apparently has tendinitis in her foot - so now she'll have one brace on her one knee for IT band, one on the other knee for tendinitis, and one on her foot for tendinitis in her foot!! She's going to scare away runners considering a marathon! haha. Just kidding Amy. She's the picture of perseverance!! She's one tough cookie, and I can't wait for her to finish her first marathon!! She's going to do awesome!
Well everyone, I hope you have a great week!
Katie
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
Just found your blog and it's delightful. Glad your sis doesn't have a stress fracture. She'll be good as new in no time.
ReplyDelete