Hope everyone's weekend is going good! My run went good yesterday - I went 11.5 miles and did the 8 minute run with 2 minute walk. I got a new watch on amazon (I love that website!) and it came Friday night, so it was perfect timing (haha)!! I have it set up to beep every 8 minutes and 2 minutes, so I don't have to look at my watch during the run (other than to time when I can take my gels). I think I've got a system down now!
After my Saturday morning run, Andy and I drove up to Steph's house to help with her dining room addition. (FYI, in the picture, I'm on the left, Steph in the middle, and Amy on the right)
It's great how fast things go when there's a lot of help. Although, it's the guys mainly, Amy and I got to gut the stairway (such a fun, clean job!). We did have time to do some photo ops, though.
Doesn't Stephanie look great?! It's incredible to think that last year, Thanksgiving weekend, she was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL). It's wonderful how great she is recovering. Last week she had an eye checkup, and things looked good. Last year, on her birthday, she was literally blind because she had a terrible reaction to the chemotherapy she was on, which caused crystals to form in her eyes and temporarily blind her. I recall mom and I prying her eyes open to get eye drops in her eyes every couple of hours. That reaction has caused permanent scarring in her eyes, which is why she has to have them checked. Luckily, however, she can see fine now.
This is one of the memories I carry with me related to cancer. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget the agony Steph was in, and how horrible it was to watch.
This is why I'm running and fundraising.
Thank you for your continued support, and have a great week!
Katie
Looking good ladies! Katie, I can't believe all the work you are putting in to this. Very inspiring.... you even have me thinking about running. Just thinking though!!!
ReplyDelete