Hey Everyone,
Well, just a quick update on my left knee. I am no longer invincible. :) My knee feels much better today, after being a complete slug since Monday. I've been icing and driving Andy's truck (yeah, he just LOVES driving my car - haha!!). I have found out though that things get fixed on my car when he drives it - the muffler apparently has been fixed!!
Anyway, back to the point. I went to the sports medicine doctor this morning, and they determined that I have patellar tendinitis in my knee. They think it is likely caused by my left hip going out of alignment - likely because I haven't really focused on strengthening my "core" (hips, abs, back). I had just started doing circuit training last week, but I should have started much earlier. Oh well. I have stretching exercises that I have to do twice a day, I'm on pain inflamation reducer meds (can't think of the name), and I see a physical therapist next Monday.
So, due to my knee feeling MUCH better today than earlier this week, my goal is to be able to do the 9-mile group run that is planned this weekend. The full marathoners are planned to run a 13-mile loop around Lake Monona, and I so wanted to do that, but I just don't think I'll be able to do it. :( But, the 9-mile run is with the 1/2-marathoners, and I plan on doing a walk/run to save my knee. I'm excited to start running again!! I'm thinking if tomorrow feels even better that I will run a 4-5 miler to prep for Saturday. We'll see.
Anyway, so I think this is good news, and I'm excited to move forward!
Thank you all again so much for your generosity!! You all are awesome!!
And a quick update on Stephanie - she was picked through the Planet Cancer website to go on a retreat in Texas last weekend, and she had a great time!! She met some great people on the trip, and I'm so happy for her!
Hashtag = Grateful.
11 years ago
Katie- you are a trooper. Hope the knee gets to feeling better. Keep up the great work!!
ReplyDelete-Gretchen