Last Thursday, October 23, I held a Euchre Tournament as a fundraiser. It was held at a local restaurant banquet facility, with some snacks, cash bar, and a Silent Auction. We had a small but fun group of people that liked to play Euchre! I had some excellent silent auction items, all of which were bid on several times by this generous group of people!
Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate that night - rainy and cold, so I'm not sure if that affected how many people could attend, or more likely - I should have tried harder at advertising and getting the word out. But, it was still a lot of fun - hopefully the attendees thought so as well!
Thank you to all those that attended, and to all of the silent auction sponsors! I really appreciate it! I definitely learned some things with this event - it was the first one I've ever put on! I really appreciate fundraisers and event organizers SO MUCH MORE after this experience! That was a lot of work for a few fun hours! And congrats to the grand prize winner - Georgia Honeysett (Andy's Grandma!). She did awesome!
Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate that night - rainy and cold, so I'm not sure if that affected how many people could attend, or more likely - I should have tried harder at advertising and getting the word out. But, it was still a lot of fun - hopefully the attendees thought so as well!
Thank you to all those that attended, and to all of the silent auction sponsors! I really appreciate it! I definitely learned some things with this event - it was the first one I've ever put on! I really appreciate fundraisers and event organizers SO MUCH MORE after this experience! That was a lot of work for a few fun hours! And congrats to the grand prize winner - Georgia Honeysett (Andy's Grandma!). She did awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment