Sunday, October 26, 2008

The 15K

Today I ran the farthest I have thus far. It's funny to think that I'll be saying that nearly every weekend until January!! Holy cow! This first picture is of me and Emily before the run.


I participated in the 15K (9.3 miles) put on by the UW Running Club in Madison. It started in Warner Park, and looped up around the lake in some beautiful residential areas and back to the park. It was pretty darn windy and cold today, though! I didn't feel the cold while running - just when I stopped! Brrr! It was such a beautiful fall day though - beautiful blue sky and orange, red, and yellow fall colors. A great day for a long run.


Several of the TNT team members ran the race, as well as one of my high school friends, Emily! Emily took off after running my slow pace of 10-minute miles (hey, I just want to finish, it won't be fast, I can guarantee that!), so that left me and my TNT friend, Amy. We run the same pace, which makes it fun for chatting on the way - it goes much quicker that way! I'm just struggling now with a sore knee, but I know it's just my body saying, hey, what are you doing?! Luckily our training schedule has Mondays off, and if it is still sore tomorrow, I'll rest some more. But, I have been super lucky with no injuries or issues so far.

This picture is of me and Amy just after crossing the finish line!

2 comments:

  1. Kaite,

    I am so proud of you and I love you so much! Thanks for being you and doing all you do.

    Love always,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I looked that good in spandex- damn girls!!
    -Love,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete